When Death Occurs
When a loved one dies:
In a nursing home, hospital, or healthcare facility, notify the facility staff to contact our funeral home.
In a home,
- and hospice or home care is NOT involved, notify the police. They will come to the home to verify the death. Please ask them to contact our funeral home.
- and hospice or home health care is involved, notify the agency. They will come to the home to verify the death. Please ask them to contact our funeral home.
In another location, notify the police. They will come to your location to verify the death. Please ask them to contact our funeral home.
Meeting at the funeral home:
After your loved one has been transferred to our facility, one of our funeral directors will call to set up a meeting time.
Items to bring and consider
- Discharge papers (DD214) – time served in the armed forces
- Social Security Card
- Death Certificate Information
- Birth Date
- Place of Birth
- Parents’ names (including mother’s maiden name)
- Clothing – for an open casket or some type of viewing or visitation
- Obituary Information
- Cremation, Burial or Both?
- When and where will the service/tribute occur