Three Generations and Counting
Since 1927, Peninsula Funeral Home has been helping families deal with loss and grief with dignity, caring, and patience. We are proud to have been owned and operated by the Turbyfill family for three generations. As a family owned and operated funeral home, we strive to provide a professional, caring environment in which you can feel comfortable expressing your needs.
Like the families we serve, we are unique individuals. Our diverse staff of men and women are dedicated to funeral service, bringing together more than 100 years of licensed experience in this one organization. We are resourceful and flexible. We are open to all faiths and customs and can quickly and professionally adapt to the needs of our community. Our goal is to fulfill the wishes of your family in every way possible.
- A complete range of funeral and cremation services
- A broad familiarity with last rite customs particular to many religions
- Assistance writing and placing the obituary in the newspaper
- Personalized memorial folders, prayer cards, and thank you cards
- Multiple display options for your pictures and memorials
- Video capability to display your picture slideshow
- Internet streaming of funeral or memorial ceremonies held in our chapel
- DVD recording of funeral or memorial ceremonies held in our chapel
- Grief support and guidance
- Pre-need advanced planning services at no cost
- Granite markers, headstones and memorial plaques
We ask that you allow us to test all media at least one day in advance.
Peninsula Funeral Home Supports:
- Cancer Society – Relay For life
- United Way of the Virginia Peninsula
- Alzheimer’s Association of Hampton Roads
- Newport News One City Marathon
- Foodbank of the Virginia Peninsula
- Boys and Girls Clubs
- American Heart Association
- Newport News Police-Shop With a Cop
- Samaritan House Women’s Shelter
- Edmarc Hospice for Children
In addition, Robert Turbyfill presently serves on the YMCA Board of Directors and a member of Oyster Point Rotary Club .